Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Do you have a methodology?

If you are a vendor you have probably heard your customer ask this very question. Do you have a methodology? If you are a customer you may have asked this question of potential vendors or systems integration vendors. In the software development industry a methodology is a critical success factor. Without one, the process would be chaos.

Over time, people way more brilliant than I have created and used many methodologies for software development. One that I find most useful is the Unified Process, based on which IBM created the Rational Unified Process product. I am considering writing an article on the differences between some of the more popular methodologies but while I was researching I came across this well written whitepaper that I wanted to share with you.

If you are not familiar with the Unified Process click here to read more about it.

No comments: