Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Seven Deadly Sins of Knowledge Sharing

I am part of a listserv for knowledge management and Matthew Moore a frequent contributor to the list and I am sure brilliant human being came up with this list that I wanted to share with all. With all the attribution to Matthew:

1. Pride
"We don't need to learn from anyone else, our operation is *completely* unique."

2. Envy
"XYZ's KM, CoP, SNA program has just appeared in a news article. We would like one too."

3. Wrath
"I don't want to WASTE time with any planning. Just ****ing do it!!!"

4. Sloth
"I want all you underlings to share what you know. But don't bother me about it."

5. Avarice
"Damn right I want to get organisational benefits. Invest to get them? Never..."

6. Gluttony
"I want a million documents in the database. No! Make that a billion. More is better!"

7. Lust
"I just love messing around with vendors & consultants. Meetings, workshops, everything. Just don't hang around in the morning."

No comments: