Monday, August 28, 2006

Entering the process

An important observation for me today is the process centricity here. I think it's amazing and probably very essential to be process centric in order to have some control over the chaos that could be if there were no process. In large organizations, so many people are doing so many different things that if the structure was weak, it's likely that everything would come crashing down.

In smaller organizations breaks in the system, breaks in the process have a chance of being noticed and caught before anything major happens. In larger organizations because of the sheer numbers of people the chances of deliquents who by pass the process being caught are fairly small and one might never see the act but will surely feel the impact.

I understand the importance of the process but it's still difficult to be caught in it and to have patience while the process is working. By that I mean things like waiting for a building card, or an official computer. I know they have hundreds of requests but of course I think mine is more important.

Having said that, I totally understand the term entering the process, it's what I have just done and the saving grace is that my team mates are extremely understanding and accepting of the fact that it just takes time to ramp up and get going. But of course i want to "hit the ground running."

No comments: